- Advocate articles may serve to promote the work and goals of the GAA, but are not required to; news and feature articles can explore the work of organizations outside of GAA.
- Advocate articles will not promote any one company or organization, product or technology for sales and marketing purposes.
- Advocate editorial coverage cannot be purchased. GAA members may approach the Advocate with story ideas; the Editorial Manager determines appropriate coverage.
- Articles should be no more than 1,000 words
- All articles must have one (1) lead author; other contributors will be listed as co-authors; please limit number of authors to eight (8)
- Include complete contact information for the lead author (name, title, affiliation, email, phone number, mailing address, social media) and full names and titles of all co-authors
- Please send at least one (1) digital photograph pertinent to the text and send as a separate file in a common format like jpg. High-resolution images (files 1 MB in size or larger) are preferred but not necessary.
- All tables and figures should be placed at the end of the file, one per page. Please send any relevant raw data in spreadsheet.
- Literature citations are needed.
Republishing Advocate Content
To all other online outlets that wish to use Advocate content on their sites, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- All articles must link back to the original Advocate article page on the Global Aquaculture Advocate website.
- All articles must include the Global Aquaculture Advocate title somewhere on the page, and include the author’s byline.
- We ask that you do not include the entire article on your page, only a snippet with a link encouraging readers to visit the Global Aquaculture Advocate website.